Saturday, 8 December 2012

MAIDWELL AND HARRINGTON AF

Well I actually got out, I had plans for tommorow but I note yet another Romero film on tonight. At this rate I shall probably look like a zombie...thanks TV planners. I went up to Harrington as their had been some Bramblings, a Short eared Owl and a occasional Merlin. The Bramblings were right bang on spot as reported on Eleanor's and Neil Mcmahon's blog. Though I have to say I think there might possibly be twelve there,  first spotted 7 Bramblings eating seed on the ground,  bit dark but very hard (near impossible) to get near for anything other then a record image, in the poor image I counted 8 I also noted whilst the eight were on the ground there was a definate 3 others with Chaffinches in the trees next to path, actually hanging back and not coming down sadly I think another was possible but a horse spooked them away, they came back but in tow were a healthy number of Yellowhammers, I think to get a decent image I'm going to have to use a hide, plus being fussy I want them in the trees not on the horrible looking concrete track. Didn't go looking for the Shortie it was midday so thought I would look harder for it another day. I went down to Blueberry afterwards, there was Fieldfare, Buzzards, a snipe (though that was from another birder I bumped into down there) 1 Little Egret flew through low from the direction of Hanging Houghton in the bottom field. Not much else "special" until on the way back, as I drove away from Blueberry Farm I was going back in the direction of Maidwell along the narrow track/lane, just after the small wood area you drive through I came up the hill and on the hedgerow outside the farm on the left (sorry don't know it's name but it's the last farm on the lane) a Merlin was flushed possibly going for the Sparrows that are there and went it the neighbouring field opposite the farm, sat very far away on a post, it was a male Merlin. Nice distant view with the binoculars but too far away for the camera.
Apart from a few Yellowhamers and Bullfinches I didn't get much in the way of images today, so here's my definate last Barnie from Norfolk, not my best but couldn't resist lol, to be honest I don't like it much, so here goes what do you think optioan a)Yeah keep it or option b) you're blind mate, recycle it.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'd be over the moon if I'd taken this one Doug, so my vote is a no-brainer. It's a capital 'A'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, I was a little worried about the wing tips and tail.

      Delete