Wednesday, 19 December 2012

RAINY DAY...TIME TO PROCESS IMAGES

Well I'm slowly getting round to processing my images from Norfolk, I was waiting for a rainy day and mother nature hasn't let me down and with more in the forecast I should be able to finish the lot off....probably. So below is another Barn Owl, slightly bit far away but couldn't resist.
BARN OWL (TYTO ALBA), CAN'T HAVE ANOTHER NORFOLK POST WITHOUT A BARNIE, CAN YOU?
 Then an often ignored wader from Brancaster Staithe, the Oystercatcher or as it's also known Carrot nose. I really don't like the labelling of birds as "popular" and "not so popular" etc. If it has feathers and flies then I'm interested. Often I see these get posted on other "photo-sharing" websites and they don't even get a look in.....shame really.
OYSTERCATCHER (HAEMATOPUS OSTRALEGUS) ALSO CALLED CARROT NOSE
 And finally two Oystercatchers, head on flight images can be tricky, the autofocusing system throwing a hissy fit and add to that they're wiffling into land at speed meant I was quite chuffed to see I got them in focus, normally one would be in focus and even more often neither in focus. Just wish they were a touch closer to me and both birds closer together would've been nice, but birds never play fair....spoil sports.
I'm on my final bunch of images to process, which will be mostly static Snow Buntings, Turnstones and Stonechats, I'll get round to posting them soon. I almost forgot, I often get asked about noise removal from noisy images, if you have a look down the left hand side of my blog, there's a blog called Photo Naturalist were Steve has listed his most popular posts for 2012, if you haven't got a noise reduction programme but have Photoshop, go and have a read of the post about removing noise from an image, you might find it helpful I certainly did as sometimes my noise reduction programme can fail to create a profile to work from....have a good one.
OYSTERCATCHERS (HAEMATOPUS OSTRALEGUS), TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE.



 


 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Those two flying carrots are excellent Doug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks keith, sorry for taking a long time responding/publishing comment, when it rains my connection to the net goes AWOL...modern technology hey :)

      Delete
  2. The movement in the Oystercatcher flight image is lovely, Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christian, very tricky keeping both in the viewfinder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just realised that I missed this post Doug. All three images are superb! The Barnie image is delightful - so full of atmosphere. As Christian says, the Oystercatcher images really capture graceful movement.

    Have a great Christmas, and let's hope that this weather ends soon so that we can get out and do a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Richard, I hope you and your wife also have a great Xmas and a happy new year

    ReplyDelete