Thursday, 24 January 2013

NOTHING NEW FOR A WHILE.

I have to inform those who read my blog I shall be out of action for a while, I'm not going to go into reasons here on the blog for personal reasons, I shall hopefully try to post a blog post or two but they may involve me having to either use public wifi, which means sitting in some "branded" coffee chain or worse some American burger chain which goes against what principles I have, some did suggest getting a dongle for the duration I'm away which sounds quite good as long as it's not too expensive.
I shall try to keep up to date with the blogs I read as much as I can and sadly my birding activities shall be taking a back seat for a while. Please bear with me as this isn't because of anything that has been said etc but is for personal reasons I wish to keep to myself for now.
It looks like I will not be back to regular posting until at least March! But I will try to get a least one blog post per week.
BARN OWL, PERCHED UP AT SUMMERLEYS NATURE RESERVE

BARN OWL, WIVETON MARSH, NORTH NORFOLK

SHORT-EARED OWL, JUNE 2012,MAIDWELL,NORTHANTS

SWALLOW TAKING A BREATHER, COTTESBROOKE, NORTHANTS

6 comments:

  1. Love those Barn Owl shots Doug.

    Interested by the Summer Leys one. I remember seeing one a couple of years ago, on a similar post, at the far end of the reserve by the old 'railway line'. Didn't get as good a picture though. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, the barnie on the post is the fence that runs between the main hide and the rotary hide (the small one), I was in the hide with another photographer (now living in South Africa) we wnet out for a "fag" break and it was just sat there, every winter until this one it's nest box was the main hide and would often hunt in the carpark area sadly the Northants WT sealed up the broken window the owl would fly through to get in...though someone keeps leaving the windows open :)

      Delete
  2. My best wishes Doug. Hoping to see you back soon.

    Great images, but that first is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard on both accounts, that Barnie is one of my favourites too, sadly I've struggled to replicate it since lol

      Delete
  3. All the best, Doug. Hope it all works out for you. Cracking owl images.

    ReplyDelete