Saturday, 19 January 2013

Sorry word verification back on...

So sorry I know the word verification does peoples head in but it seems Google can't stop spammers. Anyone using Windows/IE browser will know Google/Bloggers service is on a somewhat downward spiral. First on Jan 4th anyone using IE was unable to upload images without having to switch to another Browser provider, try Firefox MUCH MUCH better. Then there was the number of images you were able to post then resize to either "small,medium,large,x-large" etc, no such problems on Firefox. And now the spammers are out in force, I thought the problem had rectified itself but it's come back with a full on attack this morning. Nine spams into the spam folder, not bothered about that, it show Bloggers spam filter working ok but three (12 in two hours Google/Blogger not good is it?) made it through to the "awaiting moderation" folder.
Just for the record I don't need online gambling, the government has allowed too many bookies to open up near me so why bother with "online". I also don't need to join someone "doing god's work" he's more than capable/powerful enough of doing his own work himself,  I believe in God as much as I believe in ghosts, and lastly I don't need breasts enlargements......I would never leave the house or even get out of bed.

8 comments:

  1. I had loads of spam a while ago Doug. I use Chrome browser, and most was going in the spam folder. Still annoying to have 'Anonymous' keep coming through via the email though, so what I did was, under 'settings' on the dashboard, go to 'post and comments', and then I chose the option on 'who can comment' ........ " Registered User - includes OpenID "

    Since doing that no spam or Anonymous e-mails offering appendage enlargements etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think IE is raching the end of it's shelf life, I'm going to give Firefox a go for a week and see if things improve (image quality is much better i.m.o) If I still get spam I'll try your suggestion, thanks.

      Delete
  2. Give it try anyway, much better than having that awful word verification. Can't read the dam thing at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I'll see how it goes....word verification switched off, it annoys me too Keith

      Delete
  3. Reckon I'll have to give Keith's suggestion a go. My only concern is to whether it might prevent legitimate comments from people without a blogger account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, that's a good point Richard, though I think they've got the option if they have a Wordpress account (the other blogging option), mind you all of my annonymous were spam. I'll see how it goes for now.

      Delete
  4. I was wondering what all the fuss was about but I have just looked into my spam folder and oh my god I have dozens and dozens!!
    I'm going to leave off the verification on my blog for now, it can be a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definately a pain, it's worth trying what Keith (Holding Moments) has suggested, I've so far had four days of no spam which is a record for me :)

      Delete