Thursday, 21 March 2013

BULLFINCH

Most of you will know what it's like, you have a day from hell at work and you can't go home, if you do you'll be given a list of chores of things to do which only serves to worsen your mood. Luckily my day had finished and I had few hours of light lurking away in the shadows. I knew I wasn't going to get much but just had to go and chill out somewhere....alone with my camera.
I knew where I could go and just sit down and watch and photograph some birds, okay not some migrating wader or gorgeous owl but our humble and often overlooked passerines, I got off to a great start with three Bullfinches (two males and one female).
EURASIAN BULLFINCH (PYRRHULA PYRRHULA)

EURASIAN BULLFINCH (PYRRHULA PYRRHULA), BRITAIN'S PARROTT

EURASIAN BULLFINCH (PYRRHULA PYRRHULA)...DARE YOU TO PUT YOUR FINGER IN THAT BILL
Okay I was at the feeding station at Summer Leys but I knew I had to take my frustration out on my shutter button and it was a dead certainty there would be something to unleash my frustration on at the feeding station. I got a lot but currently developing a theme to the images and felt the Bullies (and they do dominate a feeding table very well) deserved their own micro-post....

4 comments:

  1. The last Bullfinch I saw was at the self same spot. Your pictures are much better than mine though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yeah I saw Keith's blog, stole his Bullfinch and posted them on here, don't tell him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent images Douglas, always a good place to de-stress and see these beautiful birds...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it always amazes me how an hour or so with birds can de-stress someone, NHS should make it a prescription.

      Delete