Tuesday, 4 June 2013

THE RISE OF THE CYBORG

Some days at work can be better then others, as I dragged myself to work this morning at 5am birds in full song, my garden feeders full of Starlings and what looks like a lovely day weather wise I was gutted, today wasn't going to be one of those "good" days. My run sheet (tells me where I'm going) said Leeds,York and Lincoln, don't mind Lincoln and York but Leeds is a nightmare especially with my London accent it just seems to annoy the good folk of Leeds....seriously once at petrol station whilst stocking up on coffee supplies one not so friendly Yorkshire lass behind the till said "you Londoners have some front...." and a mini rant from the girl poured forth, not sure what I did to upset the lady but I wasn't paying for the coffee and left it on the side with some choice expletives from myself, I pride myself at trying to get on with most but this one lady really got my goat and it gets worse, I done my first drop of two in Leeds and the chatty fork truck drivers busy chatting to every other driver in the yard, busy whipping pallets of trucks that were already in the yard and starting on those lorries that had just arrived, so politely I ask one of the forkers if he could whip the pallets of my truck "why? Missing the south already lad?"...oh dear one of them days, not sure what the issue is with "cockneys" yet it seems these days more Londoners are actually "ex-Londoners" forced out of the city by rich yuppie types, in fact thinking about it I know more "cockneys" that live up "north" then in actual London, very sad attitudes especially considering I actually like Yorkshire people, I enjoy the up-front honesty, the humour I've encountered in most of Yorkshire people and every time I've gone birding in the county everyone has been either helpful for places to visit and on one visit to Bempton Cliffs was invited by one husband and wife back for dinner before heading home and that hasn't happened anywhere else I've gone birding, perhaps it's just a "Leeds" thing. So on a tacho break I was going through my notes checking to see where next and I find a memory stick with a "Post-It" note attached saying "done these images from your disks....Chris" Chris aka Cyborg is the firms IT expert and made the mistake some time ago telling me how good he was at recovering images from Cd-Roms that refuse to open or download. I had (before switching to a portable hard-drive) loads with a variety of good/bad images from way back. So I slap the memory stick into the laptop and suddenly my day went from miserable hell to nothing is going to ruin my day....except for having to buy some John Smiths bitter for cyborg and he's already promised the rest of the disks by the start of next week, can't wait. So what was on the stick, some good and some rubbish, haven't looked throught them all but did in my alloted "break time" managed to pick a few favourites to work on some to work on at my next break...
All taken from Titchwell beach in 2009, so sorry for the old images of birds out of season but I thought I lost these for ever....
SANDERLING ASLEEP

SANDERLING EATING

SANDERLING DOING SOME MOVES FROM THE FILM FLASH DANCE

SNOWBUNTING, AGAIN FEEDING

DUNLIN, A GREAT BALANCING ACT.
Can't wait to get home now and get stuck into some more images and obviously give the Cyborg and big hug and thank you.

6 comments:

  1. I have similar trouble in Leeds. It's a dump it's that bloody ring road that sends them funny. I'm from Sheffield originally and the road system their is little, if any better......Could be they are all born twats.
    Superb pictures, you are lucky to get them back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all fairness that ring-road in Leeds is enough to drive anyone mad:) It's only in Leeds I got grief because of my accent, it's really odd.

      Delete
  2. As Adrian says, really nice images Doug you were very lucky to get them back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, got a very kind/nice work colleague who was willing to spend an hour on one disk alone, so I'm well chuffed

      Delete
  3. Yet another fabulous set of photos, and you don't have to give me any John Smiths for saying that, well not on this occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather:) Can't wait to see what's on the next set of disks.

      Delete