Thursday, 12 September 2013

A GREYHOUND DOING YOGA AND ODDS AND SODS

Well I've been busy not only with work itself but on my days off (which I was just a bit annoyed about) busy doing a course to enable me to haul petrol tankers, theory easy-peasy, the driver training which involved an empty airstrip and a skid pan wasn't so easy in fact pretty scary oversteering with a tanker (filled with water), I actually learnt the true meaning of changing your underwear, also learning how to top up tanks, at a petrol station which taught me how many idiots use their phones at petrol stations, but I passed so now I'll shall be hauling some rather tasty petrol around, the extra money is welcomed but I'm not sure the risks are...time will tell..
All the following images were from my last visit to Summer Leys/previous post..
INCOMING LITTLE EGRET
WIFFLING LAPWING
 Some Moorhen action.......


Now the yoga greyhound, thanks to MUM for looking after the hounds whilst I've been busy, please ignore the rather tatty chair, it's actually the dogs chair, my mum encourages her dogs to use it so her "posh" seats aren't used by the dogs, though I sadly feel Mack my greyhound has taken over it, the chair reminds me of the dodgy old chair from the sitcom Frasier......and yes he's actually asleep!
DOING AN IMPRESSION OF FERNANDO ALONSO HEARING KIMI'S JOINING FERRARI
Seriously thanks Mum for looking after the dog but just stop taking him to your yoga classes!! There's a saying for puppy greyhounds, they're either suicidal (always charging around doing silly things) or anorexic, I think I just got the daft one....

14 comments:

  1. You've got some serious trucking to do now then Douglas? well done for passing the course, I hope it all goes well.

    Nice shot of the Egret with its flaps down!

    That young Moorhen must have been watching me, that's exactly how I run and jump into the bath!...lol

    Are you sure Mac's asleep, looks like he's keeping an eye on his assets to me?

    Must be time to start taking bets on who, Alonso or Raikkonen, will be the first (and how soon) to start throwing their toys out of the pram? It'll be an interesting start to the new season!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some seriously nervy few months whilst I get used to it, mind you I don't start until October, thanks about the egret for once I enjoyed some failing light for this one, worked quite nicely. As for Mack, he's smelling his own farts lol.
      You can always tell a genuine motorsport fan by how early into the current season they get excited by next, I can't wait myself the Ferrari battle has "classic" written all over it. Two other things 1 good 1 bad Good: I'm going for Alonso paying an early visit to Toys 'r' Us, if you think about it he started at Monza..BAD: Eddie Jordan's 2 for 2 now!

      Delete
    2. I've just had a thought, do you think Alonso's recent tantrums were down to the fact that he knew some time ago that Raikkonen had already done the deal?

      I think EJ is one of those people who knows everyone and I think they use him just to 'leak' those little snippets of information. It helps to keep people interested!

      What becomes of Massa now...and how long before all the booing gets to Vettel?...[;o)

      Delete
    3. I think it would go a long way to explain his mood to be fair I can't stand the man, fast driver etc but can't get out of my mind the Spanish fans reaction towards Lewis and a lot of that was stoked up by FA and his involvement with the deliberate crash at renault so he could win.
      As for Massa not sure I think since he received a part of Rubens car at Hungary his speed hasn't been there so perhaps sportscar/GT/DTM. There was an interesting interview between Richard Hammond and Stirling Moss where Striling talks about after his head injury he hadn't to think "steer car/correct car/apply throttle etc" where before his crash it was natural and I sadly feel that's Massa's problem at the moment.
      I don't get the booing of Vettel, it's not my thing, he's a good driver and German so the boo's probably get lost in translation :o)

      Delete
  2. Douglas, the first image has to be the best I've seen this year.
    How do mobile phones disrupt fuel deliveries?
    The dog is dafter than mine. Aren't they wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Adrian.
      Mobile phones don't really disrupt deliveries themselves as such, but we did six drops with a driver and instructor at all six stops the petrol station worker had to ask someone to stop using the phone whilst filling up and you suddenly realise whilst doing the delivery how stupid/ignorant some people are it's not clever lol
      I'm definately begining to worry about my dog he does some truly daft things but they are great.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love the egret image Doug! Class! The shot of the greyhound doing yoga made me laugh! What on earth was it doing?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ben,
      Believe it or not that's how he sleeps! It's the oddest thing I've ever seen a greyhound do and I've owned a few in my time.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the tanker test.
    The Egret shot is a cracker, but your dogs pose steals the show here lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers Keith, I'm getting used to Mack stealing the limelight, I've lost count of the number of people taking photo's of him, he's become a bit of "celeb" over the park...not fair :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That certainly had me chuckling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he's 11 months old and I have my doubts he'll make it to 12 months :o)

      Delete
  7. Love the Moorhen action pics Doug ... caught this young 'un nicely! The dog is just mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Tim, unfortunately you're right the greyhound is mad it's worryingly just half the story with him.

      Delete