Saturday, 5 October 2013

BEARDED TIT

Nope not Jeremy Paxman, but the bird..
BEARDED TIT OR BEARDED REEDLING, I PREFER TIT...MAKE YOUR OWN JOKES!

BEARDED TIT, CLEY MARSHES...CIRCA 2009
I've posted these as last night I was reading David's blog (Wold's Ranger) and at the end of the post something suddenly clicked, thanks to what David wrote. On my blog posts the images didn't look too different to the jpeg files on my PC, however on Google+ they looked awful, oversharpened and over saturated, nothing like the images on the PC nor the blog post, apparently there's a "check" box that's automatically "ticked" called auto-enhance, well it appears that left "checked" anything you post on Google+ gets the auto enhancement treatment, this was the reason I stopped using Google+ as at the time I couldn't figure out what was going on, so I've picked two images of a bird that should highlight any over saturation issues. So if you use Google+ it might be worth checking out...gladly it looks ok....naughty Google+
REED BUNTING, SUMMER LEYS.
And the above image, simply to mourn the lost of all the lovely reedbed chopped down by my local wildlife trust, no chance of getting one like this for a while :o(

8 comments:

  1. These are great shots. I 've yet to see you post a truly awful one.
    I ignore Google+ and will continue to do so for as long as possible but will remember your instructions.
    YouTube also offer to auto enhance and though my videos could do with a bit of help they always make them worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, I think you're right about You Tube and Google+ and Auto Enhance feature. Luckily it only appears to work on Google+ so I've been lucky...so far. I think I'll be dropping the Google+ feature soon

      Delete
  2. Couple of good 'uns there Doug.

    Agree with this Google enhancement rubbish; they do tend to muck it up. I stopped using G+ ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, I'm hesitant to ditch google+ at the moment, I've a few friends in the USA and Channel Islands who don't blog but use Google+, but hopefully they'll change their minds so I can bin google+

      Delete
  3. Beautiful images Jere...er...Douglas. I'm afraid I can't comment about G+ as, like Adrian, I steer well clear of it (Luddite springs to mind...lol!!)
    Just been listening to the GP on five live...Hmmm! I won't say more just in case you haven't caught up with the result yet...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just heard lewis swear over the radio lol, I'm currently watching on red button, but already know the result thanks to radio 5 spoilers on the way home, my predictions were way off, your's were quite good, BUT where on earth has the Hulk suddenly got the pace from? Funny how a threat to your seat makes you drive quicker but that quick? Also who are Pirreli going to blame this time for the delamination?

      Delete
  4. Bearded tits are so fabulous! I saw a few yesterday but had no camera with me. Have you read Rory McGrath's autobiography named after this amazing bird?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are a stunning looking bird and their call is equally a wonderful sound, we're starting to get wintering birds in Northants, hopefully more this winter. I haven't read Rory's book yet (I should, really) and had to delete Rory' name and insert Jeremy Paxman instead :o)

    ReplyDelete