Friday, 4 October 2013

SOUTH KOREA GP

No birds today, still at work until Saturday evening (boo-hiss), and I've struggled to get any times for second practise for the weekends grand prix, just one helpful transport coordinator at one of my drops came up with the top ten for second practise, cheers Nigel.
But to throw a spanner in the works there is a tropical storm (Fitow) bearing down on the region, current weather models (and we know how accurate they can be!!) show it will veer towards China but can possibly bring heavy rain and strong winds to Mokpo, I think it was either 2010 or possibly the 2011 Grand Prix that was affected by a tropical storm, so there is history so I've gone for two sets of predictions for the grand prix, one wet and one dry. As usual if you're interested let me know your predictions.
DRY RACE
1st: SEB VETTEL, NO BRAINER REALLY AT TWO SECONDS A LAP QUICKER AT THE LAST RACE, HIS CAR AND HIM ARE DEFINATELY HOOKED UP AT THE MOMENT
2nd: Fernando Alonso, crap in practise but seems to have the race pace
3rd: Lewis Hamilton
4th:Nico Roseberg
5th:Felipe Massa, has to prove his worth for a future seat in F1
WET RACE
1st: Seb again, maybe his goodies fitted to the car might not work as well (see practise at Spa) in the wet, but I keep thinking of his stunning drive for Torro Rosso all them years ago
2nd Jenson Button !!
3rd Nico Roseberg
4th Fernando Alonso
5th Kimi Raikonen
DNF: Lewis Hamilton
And if the weather models for the UK are accurate (IF, has anyone else noted how crap the met office has got recently?) it should be unseasonably warm and sunny and on Sunday I'm at a Greyhound Dog show at Oxford, so I might get some images of the below bird, might not who knows?.
REDKITE, HARRINGTON AIRFIELD

12 comments:

  1. I agree but a wet race should get Button in their. I would like to think Hamilton could hang a race together, he's quick enough but I doubt mentally as strong as the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly with Lewis' heavy right foot and Mercedes low rev-range power I can see him spinning, definately a a top for button would be nice

      Delete
  2. Somebody has to work Douglas!!...lol.
    I must admit I forgot to allow for the prospect of rain in my predictions over on Adrians blog but I'm going to be brave and stick with it, as you say it's a no brainer Vettel should be out front ...and gone (shhsh!..it's that traction control thingy!!) both Rosberg and Hamilton are good in the rain. Button might be doing a rain dance though! The only problem Vettel will have is if there's a safety car and they close up and give him some hassle from behind. I don't think the Ferrari's will perform this weekend and Kimi has a crook back and will want to look after it for next season.
    There's no need to watch the race now I've got it all sorted...lol.

    My prediction - 1st. Vettel...(disappearing into the distance!)
    2nd & 3rd Hamilton and Rosberg after being swapped around by team orders late in the race. And as an outsider Grosjean in the Lotus.

    Enjoy the show and the sunshine on Sunday and good luck with the Kites...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall not be able to see the highlights on Sunday due to prior commitments so I thank you Grand Wizard Trevor, if only you could place a spell on Miss Perry.
      I saw/seen your predictions over at Adrians blog just before I posted this post, who's moving over for who in the Merc's, LH is due to move over for Nico but will they being so close in the championship?
      I forgot about Kimi's back, if he really has a problem ;0) but have to agree with Seb, there's something on that car but not Mark's...two seconds a lap quicker as you know is a big,big gap, too big

      Delete
    2. And the excitement builds?...Just seen the forecast and it looks like rain for the race (and for Japan next weekend!) should be interesting?
      I think the spell, regarding Ms. Perry, was cast long ago!!...[;o)

      Delete
    3. I'm doing a rain dance as I speak.

      Delete
  3. I like old Lewis, yep, he has deep emotions, lol. GOOD OLD BRIT MAN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob....has any sportsman got deep emotions? :o)

      Delete
  4. Hi Doug. The only prediction I can offer is that I won't be watching. I'm sorry to say that, after many years of being a fan, I've totally given up on GP :-(

    Thanks for keeping our spirits up with that lovely image of the Red Kite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for the sorry, there has been at times with the content and style of coverage of F1 and the ever increasing calender I've worried about F1's future and my love of the sport.
      Fingers crossed I'll be able to get some on Sunday.

      Delete
  5. Dunno about the motor cars, but the Kite's a beauty Doug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith, the kite definately is a gorgeous bird to watch

      Delete