Friday, 11 October 2013

STARLINGS, REDSHANK AND F1 PREDICTIONS

REDSHANK, SUMMERLEYS.
 Well I've got one day left (Saturday) to go on my current work shift/pattern and this week has been my first humping fuel across the country, you really begin to understand how much we in the UK go through when you're delivering the black gold. Also in the last day or so (more today mind) how scary strong winds are when you're hitched up to such an explosive load, normally wind when transporting "normal" freight is quite fun. Not at the moment!!! So I've had a night out in the lorry and caught up with some "old'ish" images, the wind buffering the lorry preventing any decent sleep overnight... All from Summer Leys and I feel gives an accurate impression of what can be found on this nature reserve.
LAPWING (JUVENILE), SUMMERLEYS
 Did anyone wake up in the early morning to catch the practise sessions? I did, did anyone else catch the Mclaren man during second practise, confirm Jensons' role next year but refused to confirm Perez involvement in the team next season? Saying "we're in no rush to confirm anything at the moment, there's no regulations stating we have to confirm the line-up" Sergio must be a worried man at the moment.
STARLINGS, SUMMERLEYS
 I had to chuckle at the number of drivers who kept crashing out at the corner just before the bridge (I can't spell it..."second dagner" or something like that) as on my games console it's the very same corner that has me heading into the barriers, so based on that I must be pretty good driver lol
On a more sombre note Maria DeVillota was found dead in her apartment in Spain, she lost her eye whilst test driving at Duxford for Marussia, Spanish authorities are saying her death was "natural" however I have a sad feeling it may have been suicide, no proof, other then having been involved in a major crash that resulted in severe personal injuries myself and the resulting health issues like depression etc I know how a bad crash can effect you in a very negative way, RIP MARIA.
STARLINGS, SUMMERLEYS
Going on what I saw in first practise and second practise here's my race predictions I'm going for the following line up 1st Seb (obvious) 2nd Lewis 3rd Nico 4th Webber outside bets for Fernando and Roman.

16 comments:

  1. Cracking shots of the Redshank and that poor little Lapwing, it looks like he's having trouble remembering what it is he's trying to grow into!

    Go steady with that precious cargo, we all rely on you chaps, you know!

    I managed to get up in time to see the second crashtest..I mean practice, I don't think Perez has done himself any favours there? I read that McLaren are desperate to get their two young drivers into F1 and have been talking to a number of teams and offering lots of deals...how about this for an idea?...Di Resta to McLaren (although he's not done himself any favours recently, either) in exchange for a young driver seat (for Friday practice) + a favourable technology sharing deal at Force India? And Massa to replace Di Resta! Or maybe if, as you reckon, you're on a par and you're on the short side and weight less than a sack of feathers 2014 could be your year!!

    It's sad news but, I think you may be right about Maria DeVillota, it must have been very difficult for her to have lived with the fact that she had almost achieved her dream of being an F1 driver only to have had it all so tragically taken away. RIP.

    Now predictions!...it's a tough one but I think Vettel might just make it!! followed by Kimi (he still holds the lap record) and Nico. But watch out for Grosjean he's on a roll at the moment and full of confidence...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, the Lapwing just finished having a go at a juvenile redshank, hard as nails them Lapwings
    It's weird transporting "liquid", the movement when braking and accelerating is going to take some getting used to.
    I think Mclaren, despite my views are seriously contemplating Alonso, I think Perez might get lucky and get one more year, but it doesn't look good fro him. I'd be no good for 2014, there's no reset button in the real thing lol
    Very sad for Maria, she got the ok to race again, despite loosing her eyesight in on eye, but I reckon it effected her distance/perception etc, very tragic end for sure.
    I like them predictions but would put Roman over Kimi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor whilst I'm at it, one of the blogs I read Pegler Birding is having a similar issue you had a while ago "blog posts not appearing", what did you do to rectify it?

      Delete
  3. Blogger is a bloody pain sometimes!!
    I didn't do much really, apart from trying to make my workflow, when compiling a post, smoother. I used to compile all my posts withing the blogger template which meant I would upload a photo do some words upload another photo...and so on. Now I do all the written part in word leaving spaces for the photos then upload the photos into blogger, copy and paste the words across and then slot in the photos, there's probably a much easier way but it seems to work for now...hope this helps....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Lapwing is just great.
    I'm not sure about the Formula 1. I would like to think Lewis could do it but the Lotus are strong.
    I was a bit perplexed when sh hit the truck at Duxford, Who parks a truck anywhere near a moving Formula 1 car?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate saying this about wildlife but can't resist...the lapwing is cute isn't it.
      Lewis could do it, depends how his tyres hold up, I too was perplexed about the whole affair at Duxford, firstly they were testing, which I thought wasn't allowed at that time during the season, secondly I've been to Duxford and got think what/why they were there of all places hardly ideal, the truck was I believe one of the teams and given the layout of Duxford aerodrome I came to the conclusion they parked away from visitors so with no run-offs etc an accident was always going to happen, Marrussia should never have been there.

      Delete
    2. Douglas/ Adrian, The teams are allowed to do a certain amount of 'straight line aero' testing during the year ( and slow speed circuit running for promotion/filming) They were straight line testing (just before the British GP) at Duxford because it's out of the way of photographers and, I guess, cheap to hire! As there were no pits etc all the trucks/cars were parked at the end of the runway and as she came in at the end of the run the car/she suddenly accelerated and ran into the tail lift of the transporter, which unfortunately was at (her) head height. After investigating the team said there was no malfunction with the car!!

      Delete
    3. I knew how the accident happened just couldn't think what they were doing as I took off on in a Dehavilland Rapide from the grass but landed on the runway (more gentle on the undercarriage the grass) which is very far away from people, not much concrete there apart from where the permanbet planes on display sit

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shot of a Redshank flying, that's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bob, I deleted the duplicate comment (I'm nearing my 1000th comment so want to see who gets the "well done and thank you), I too like the redshank, great waders to capture in flight and one of my favourites on Summer Leys during the spring and summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Douglas, you almost got it right! If Lewis had survived the start you might well have got the jackpot!!... A great (tactical) race, I think that Frenchman will do well in the future!!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're both right about Roman as an outside bet though. One of the best races this season well worth getting up before the birds this morning for. Shame about Lewis and Nico mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Doug, I'm really impressed by the starling images, and the Redshank image is beautiful, but that little Lapwing looks so forlorn but really cute too! - All very nicely captured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, lapwings are odd even at a young age they're aggresive towards other juvenile Lapwings (the ones I've watched anyway) so don't feel too sorry for it, I watched a small group grow in size etc over the summer and this one and a few others are still flying around, a success story at Summer Leys.

      Delete