Thursday, 23 January 2014

ODDS AND SODS....AGAIN!

WELCOME TO MY LATEST INSTALLMENT OF THE ROGUES GALLERY. SOME THE IMAGES NEVER GOT POSTED SOME I DIDN'T LIKE (REASON IN THE CAPTIONS)
FEMALE 'OUSE SPARROW AKA HOUSE SPARROW FROM MY GARDEN

GREAT WHITE EGRET, SUMMER LEYS LNR
MALE 'OUSE SPARROW, BACKGARDEN
ROBIN, I WASN'T HAPPY AT THE BIT OF BRANCH STICKING UP NEAR THE TAIL

CHAFFINCH, COULDN'T GET DOWN LOW ENOUGH FOR THIS ONE!

BUZZARD, DESPITE NEXT TO NO SHARPENING THIS STILL LOOKS TOO SHARP

I did sort of the last image of the Goldfinch. As seems the norm' for Goldfinches you have to get them on teasel heads, it's a legal requirement! However I opted for a bit of side lighting, not sure it works but I like it.
GOLDFINCH, SUMMERLEYS.

5 comments:

  1. You call them odds and sods, I call them a cracking set of images!. I would be over the moon to have taken any one of them. The Goldie is the one...a beautiful image Douglas...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Trevor, I liked the Goldfinch one too, though I wish to retry it at a later day.

      Delete
  2. Douglas, like Trevor I would like my name on any of these. The bit of branch will clone out.
    Since I switched to Canon I get images that look over sharp. I have tried duplicating the image then blurring a bit and adjusting opacity. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. I just had another look at the Buzzard. I wonder if De-Fringe in the RAW converter would sort it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give the robin a dose of cloning I just didn't fancy doing it at the time of processing the image (I'm lazy lol). I'm going to try both methods you mention on the buzzard, though I think part of the problem was I had to much shutter speed, going from taking an image in a dark area and suddenly going to the bright sky etc

      Delete