Saturday, 25 January 2014

RspB GARDENWATCH-CANCELLED

Was hoping after work today to spend an hour watching birds from my study whilst buggering around on the computer.
It started good or bad depending on your point of view with a lovely female sparrowhawk gliding over the fence on stealth mode...no birds then!
Ok I thought I'll give it half hour, nip round the shop as I came out of the shop the skies were black and the wind was starting to pick up...it was so dark I had to check my watch 15:20, but given the sky and light more like 18:30. I started the short walk home when hail started to fall and there was a flash, funny the first thing a photographer looks for is someone with a camera "papping" me when an ominous clap of thunder erupted, my short walk turned into a quick dash just as hail fell from the sky, more flashes of lightening and more claps of thunder.
But I was now at home, safe, though when the electric dipped and started the house alarm off I wondered if we were just to get a power cut, the wind was really strong it reminded me of one of those naff Hollywood blockbusters were a tornado whips through, luckily not but my RSPB gardenwatch will have to wait until tommorow....if I get finished from work!
BLUE TIT, ON  A GOOD DAY!

6 comments:

  1. It seems to be a wild day everywhere. Good luck tomorrow. My 3G dongle lost the plot completely. I rebooted it then a Sea King started hovering about the valley. For some reason It upset the dongle again. It was not a day for pictures here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those dongles can be funny buggers at times, I use one whilst out on the road in my lorry and find all sorts of things interupt their signal/performance

      Delete
  2. hi doug. was a lovely sunny day watching the great white egret and a pair of peregrines spooking the golden plover flock until that storm hit at 3.20. luckily i was in pioneer hide at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Al, glad you had somewhere to stay dry it came out of nowhere that storm, good also to hear both peregrines were showing.

      Delete
  3. I hope you get a better chance today. We got hail and lightning yesterday as well. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Findlay but at the moment it looks very grey and drizzly, hopefully it'll be better by the time I get home

      Delete