Thursday, 6 February 2014

A LOG, SOME SEED, SOME BIRDS AND A DIRTY DOG

Well I had hoped the weather man might be right (some sun in the morning rain by lunch) but they weren't, it was cloudy then rain.
So I lived up to my promise to my sister and walked her dog I'm looking after at the moment. Sadly the poor mutt has the stupidest name I've ever had to call back..it's Boo! Seriously sister name your dogs something more sensible like BOB. He was white and is an Australian Shepherd, stupid dog likes jumping into puddles and lakes and carrying logs twice his size.
So where did I walk him? Up the local woods where it was muddy, loads of puddles and the dyke's and ditches full of water the end result.....
 Your dog sister will need a bath, HAH!
I had some bird seed with me so covered a log in the stuff in a quiet section just to see what I might get drop down, I'll be honest I wasn't expecting much. Normally I'd put stuff down and return 24 hours later it gives the bird time to discover the food and not be too suspicious but wasn't too bad off bird wise despite terrible light levels and a hooligan of a dog who kept throwing a branch around.




 That lot came down almost straight away, must have been hungry!I didn't manage images of Coal Tit (too shy), Treecreeper (never seen one feeding of an improvised table), Great Spotted Woodpecker,Bullfinch and made a hash up of a Redpoll that was on the side of the track we were walking down, few Jays and a Buzzard.
It started raining so headed home.

10 comments:

  1. Douglas he is perfect. My little sods eat the seed.
    I'll have him if you give him a wash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite the silly name and obsession with water and mud he wasn't too bad he sat still'ish whilst trying for pictures, not going to bath him yet mind he has a few more walks to go on.

      Delete
  2. Latest news...mad man spotted wandering around Northampton woods in the rain shouting boo to everything!!
    That's a lovely looking dog Douglas, shame about the name! I hope you gave him a good wash before handing him back to your sister?
    No need for weathermen, even I can get the weather forecast right these days...RAIN..WIND and more RAIN.
    At least the birds got a good feed!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very silly name, I'm going to call him Bob whilst my sister is away as for a bath I'll wait for it to stop raining.
      I did but a lot of bird food down lol..bit too much

      Delete
  3. Your sister has a beauty of a dog.

    Hope you give him a wash before you return him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was nicer when he was whiter, I think I might have to or at least brush him.

      Delete
  4. Walking through a wood shouting Boo, that is really quite funny. At least you got to see lots of birds and Boo looks like a really fun dog to walk with. From Findlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound a bit daft, I'm just glad no-one was around. He's a very good dog until he sees water and jumps in it, very obedient and behaved very well around the feeding area I made so he'll come again

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous dog! I'll have Boo to come and stay with me - I actively encourage my dog to jump in puddles! Lovely selection of birds who came to visit you - obviously not in any position to turn down an easy meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many people coming up and asking about him as not many have seen a Australian Shepherd sadly he doesn't any encouraging the silly dog even paddles in the water bowl!

      Delete