Monday, 24 February 2014

INTRODUCING "DOUG'S MONDAY NIGHT QUIZ".

It seems to be popular to do at least one quiz on blogland so here's mine and it's easy too.
QUESTION: WHY DOES THE UK GOVERNMENT SAY IT CAN'T CONTROL THE GAS INDUSTRY AND INTRODUCE FAIR GAS PRICES YET SEEM HELL BENT ON DICTATING THE PRICE OF HOLIDAY'S DURING TERM TIME?
What's the differnce?
I'm actually in a good mood after my meeting today about the lovely fly-tip/dumping. The good lady at the council was pretty much on the ball. She took the photo's (even asked if I was after a job) she is due to go and look on Tuesday afternoon for herself, she warned me that the land in question is in private hands, though conceded perhaps the "land owner" should be made aware (technically/legally the land owner has legal obligation to clean it up), she's due to see the manager of the site also on Tuesday and try a "threat" of prosecution and see if that has an impact and gets them tidying up, overall she was pretty angry at the situation, gave me her card and asked of whilst out and about if I see more to email her more images which is quite positive, I normally get shoved out the door lol.
Of course I asked about a timescale and told her I'd give it a working week for some action before I start a campaign of name and shaming said company...after all they pride themselves in the "green(wash)" credentials....I reckon by Frirday I shall publish said images of the dump/tipping if I don't see/hear, though to be fair either I'm a mug or the lady at the council seemed more determined than myself, can't be this easy, never is!


10 comments:

  1. There is no difference. It's all about maximizing profit. Not that holiday companies make much.

    A good job jobbed with the council.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Adrian, in regards to the council I have a few more aces to play yet.
      I feel holiday companies have no choice but to raise the prices after all captalism is based on supply and demand etc so I'm lost at what the torries can do, I note with interest Michael Gove playing his part..potential next Tory leader?

      Delete
    2. Gove for PM. It could happen. Nothing is impossible.

      Delete
    3. Ah Gove as PM, I'm having dreams of Yeltsin knocking him out :O) one can only dream.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers John, I'm hoping on a positive outcome

      Delete
  3. My only answer to that question, Doug, is one that the UK Government will not admit to, but I am guessing that it's because the gun that the gas industry can hold to the Government's head is more threatening than the holiday companies water pistol!

    I'm interested in hearing the outcome of the fly-tipping 'investigation'. Best of luck! Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, I love the comparison of "gun" and "water-pistol" very good.
      I'll let you know on the progress with the fly-tipping

      Delete
  4. Douglas, I guess the poor hard done by souls have to side with the cronies who do the best deal on backhanders!
    Well done with the council lady, you got some positive answers but don't hold your breath for a positive outcome any time soon!!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No-one's mentioned a failing coalition and a popularist notion to boost votes.
      I have to be fair to Northants County Council in previous dealings they have been quick to clean the mess up followed by actions such as "undercover" council workers/trail cameras watching sites, one of the problems that was outlined to me is the number of staff they have watching a big county and how dependant they are on people reporting such incidents, people often see the rubbish and assume someone has already reported it or in some cases add to the rubbish I know some councils aren't so keen but I just get a good feeling about this incident, if the council fail I've already talked to my boss who's on the Chambers of Commerce and is also on a board that aims to improve the look of the industrial estate, I showed him the mess and he was spitting feathers, so something will happen.

      Delete