Saturday, 29 March 2014

A WREN, A BUTTERFLY AND F1 RACE PREDICTIONS

I'm a bit baffled and for the first time in ages I'm struggling to give a good or even a half shabby prediction for the F1 race tomorrow. It's for the first time and not necessarily good, a bit of a lottery. The bad, well we have the threat of unreliability really hanging over every car, more bad whilst watching the three practises session and even during the qualifying sessions every drive had a moment..or two. Then there's the weather to consider, will it be hot/humid or wet/humid? I believe the weather will not only make a difference to who ends up on the podium but even who doesn't finnish.
But before I list my top three there is something else about the F1 that's got my goat since the last race.
WREN BATHING IN THE WARMTH OF SOME SUN
 NICO ROSEBERG: Seriously I'm not sure what he did during the winter to prepare for the new season, but where's the "shitty" attitude coming from? He gave short thrift to the Beeb pitlane reporter, then there is the actual BBC, forget Suzy Perry (not to hard) for a moment but for christ sake if during a bad weather moment you can't find someone more interesting then the F1 doctor to interview then you might as well give up showing F1, not only was it boring but unsurprisingly it seemed to have confused Suzy...or maybe she too fell asleep? Did anyone see the interview of BERNIE ECCLESTONE  during practise session 2 then you should, first he back tracked on his remarks he made after the Aussie GP about the sound of the new era F1 engines "awful and uninspiring" to "they have a charm", but his answers to the poor BBC pit guy during the session was monosyllabic, to the point and rude but he came across like he didn't want to speak to the BBC (maybe because they don't pay as much as other broadcaster, who knows?) in fact as another broadcaster came over he couldn't turn to the bloke quick enough, honestly if it's (practise 2) on the i-player then check it out and tell me what you think? Mind you I had to chuckle when Nico walked past in the rain with a SKY umbrella...subtle!
ONLY THING I CAPTURED IN FLIGHT THIS WEEK, AN ORANGE FLAPPY THINGY
 HOT/DRY RACE PREDICTIONS
1ST LEWIS HAMILTON
2ND NICO ROSEBERG
3RD  KEVIN MAGNUSSEN
THE FERRARI'S WILL HAVE TO SLOW DOWN TO SAVE FUEL, ANYTHING WITH A RENAULT ENGINE WILL GO POP

WET RACE PREDICTIONS
1ST SEB VETTEL
2ND FERNANDO ALONSO
3RD NICO ROSEBERG
LEWIS HAMILTON WILL BOG DOWN ON THE START THEN SPIN, JENSON BUTTON TO FINNISH FOURTH

Told you I was confused......
 

4 comments:

  1. Douglas, I saw the interview with Bernie but I think that the answers he gave are just that...answers with no relevance, 'cause that what he does...he's spent a life time of giving vague contradictory and meaningless answers because that way he can never be pinned down to having said anything specific!
    Have you tried googleing him and seeing how tangled the companies running F1 are?

    I think Rosberg is going through his prima dona phase, Hamilton did the same thing a couple of years ago. I know it's their 'job' but they must get pissed off at times continually having a mic thrust under their noses and being asked the same inane questions?

    How are Red Bull going to run the race, are they going to go by THEIR fuel sensor (and get disqualified again) or the FIA's? I guess they've got to go by theirs otherwise they will have admitted that they broke the rules in the last race which will make the court case a farce?

    Predictions- Dry Race...Rosberg - Hamilton - Ricciardo (disc.) Alonso (Vettel 10 laps max!)
    Wet Race...Hamilton - Rosberg - Button (Vettel 10 laps max!)

    Like the 'sunny' Wren and the flappy thing...it's a Small Tortoiseshell btw, guess you knew that tho'?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the wren was quite funny it was amost asleep, I did see a fair few ST butterflies it was easier for me to spell it as orange flappy thing my spelling is awful and tortoiseshel always gets me tangled :o)
      I thought Bernie could've been just a bit more responsive guess he was just being himself though I saw a flow chart thing about the F1 companies it was and to me still very confusing, guess that's Bernie is rich though.
      See the fuel sensor issue and the whole engine "set-up" etc would've made for more interesting punditry then the F1 doctor, I know they briefly talked about it but I still don't grasp how the whole issue to be fair maybe the Beeb will do more on race day....maybe :o)
      I like your race predictions though in the wet I reckon the Red Bulls will be stronger because the wet will help cool the Renault engine and Vettel is good in the wet.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to say that I sat through the lot, and wished I hadn't, Doug! Can't see me bothering with F1 again this year. I'm not sure why I'm not enjoying it, but it's probably as much due to the commentators as anything else. I don't like the dumbing down, and lack of wit and humour.

    Apart from seriously underrating Vettel, you were pretty-much spot-on with your predictions. Have you thought of trying to take some of William Hill's money with your talents??

    Love the Tortoiseshell flight shot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was dire, there was again a lull in action about halfway through the race which wasn't good. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the dumbing down effect. I'm given it to the European rounds then making a choice but I'm not confident.
      I rate Vettel, I seriously think he'll be remembered as one of the great drivers by the time he's done, I rate the car because Adrian Newey is a wizard it's the Renault engine I don't rate, sadly the day I venture down the bookies the results will be completely different to what I predict lol
      I couldn't resist the flight shot for the butterfly the birds weren't flying and I was getting "flight shot syndrome" I was even tempted by a bumble bee :o)

      Delete