Thursday, 10 April 2014

URBAN PEREGRINE PART TWO AND THREE

Working in the St.James area of Northampton now two days on a trot I've spotted an urban Peregrine. Yesterday afternoon I saw one hunting feral stock doves over the rugby ground/old bus depot area.
Today whilst waiting to do a delivery again in the St.James area of town I heard the unmistakable sound of a Peregrine, I quickly located the bird, spiralling ground wards but there was two birds, it had caught something a female Peregrine, it was two Peregrine's spiralling towards the ground before releasing their grip, the female flew over towards the lift tower, a previous nesting site a few years back but it flew around the back of the building and I was unable to check the backside of the building  to see if it roosted up (side facing rugby ground/bus depot) the male flew towards me and over Stortons gravel pits, it'll be good if they nest successfully again but seeing as the old building is slap bang in the middle of a housing estate, the building gets used for the odd bit of abseiling and used for engineering students at the local uni' so might get a fair bit of disturbance...not to mention nosey buggers like me working nearby too lol.........

6 comments:

  1. Great spot Douglas. Hopefully they'll find some peace and quiet and a safe place to nest?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they find somewhere to nest up, plenty of tall buildings around though if they choose the lift tower they will be disturbed, people do more charity abseiling in the nicer weather, engineers messing around with dishes/aerials etc. The tower's base sits on a housing estate as a roundabout that Mlton Keynes residents would be jealous of :o) I'm going to have a snoop around at the weekend as I reckon it's elsewhere, I hope

      Delete
  2. I hope you manage some pictures. If they settle thereit will be grand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope to get at least ne image it's been a bit gut wrenching seeing all this and not being able to photograph it, I too hope it settles somewhere nearby, fingers crossed.

      Delete
  3. That's great to hear, Doug, but when are we going to get some images? If anyone can get some good Peregrine flight shots, it'll be you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late publish of the comment mate I was knackered from work and just crashed out for the night, I'm searching the area by bicycle tommorow already found a semi-urban Buzzard mind which was weird more tommorow hopefully

      Delete