Saturday, 24 May 2014

MONACO GP PREDICTIONS

Well its Saturday and it's grand prix weekend again so it's time for another stab in the dark and try to predict the result for the race on Sunday.
"Predict" well as Trevor pointed out last time out at the Spanish GP 1st and 2nd are at the moment quite easy,  you have a choice between two Lewis or Nico and truth be known it doesn't look like it'll be much different this weekend. The only difference is that Monaco is Nico's home track it's where he grew up and went to school (it's hard to understand why they count him as German considering that and who his father was!).
I think if we have a chance of rain for the race then maybe the Mercedes will struggle it was interesting to see after Friday's final practice when the track was damp and drying Fernando was quicker then Lewis with Sebastian just behind Lewis...so in the interest of making what is typically a dire/boring race a little more interesting I have got some music on and doing a rain dance....of sorts.
So for a dry race and as long as the two Mercedes don't tangle in the first corner my predictions are
1st Nico
2nd Lewis
3rd I want to say one of the Red Bulls but I'm plumping for Fernando.  The reason being he's very angry at the moment and that seems to make him quicker plus to many gear changes will have an effect on the Red Bull engine's.
Wet Race
1st Nico
2nd Seb
3rd Fernando
And Lewis sadly will spin into the barriers.

8 comments:

  1. No he won't he is a reformed person.
    Lewis, Alonso, Vettel. Wet or dry. We will see one McLaren in seventh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Mclaren to take 7th or higher will be that of Kevin M and not Button.
      I got a gut feeling Nico is going to go all "Schumacher" on Lewis

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Douglas, I don't know if you know the outcome of qualifying yet (maybe you're waiting to watch it on TV later?) All I will say is, remember Michael Schumacher a a couple of years ago?...dodgy people these Germans!....it's not cut and dried yet!!....So, I'll leave my prediction for a little later!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as I was walking past the pub this afternoon and thought I heard the cleaners racing the floor buffers and to my surprise it was the "other" channels coverage of the GP. So yes I did see Schumacher. .oops I mean Nico's last lap and they still gave him pole! DESPITE the car not staying within the track limits which contravenes a rule or two.!@!

      Delete
  3. Okay all sorted now!! It's not going to rain tomorrow so I'll go for...

    1st.. Ricciardo
    2nd. Vettel
    3rd. Alonso
    And relations at Merc. will take a massive turn for the worse!!!!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brave choice for 1st and 2nd can't see the Red Bulls being reliable enough, though it would make for an interesting race

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete