Friday, 26 December 2014

Phew, it's over....

Yep the season to be jolly etc is over until at least October and the shops start to crank the emotional blackmail once again. Glad to see the capital investment firm who own City Link played the part of Scrooge and announced to it's employees on Christmas day they'll be out of work, a bit shitty but no surprise to anyone in the logistics industry for which most of us label them as "shitty link", one of my mates works out of the Riverside hub in Northampton as a self employed Van driver and was shocked at how the workers just chucked parcels around...sad really I had the same thing happen to me at Doc.Martins, we went on the factory fortnight, compulsory two week holiday when they retooled all the machines came back to find the gates locked and our jobs exported to India, people wonder why when these firms come back to the UK why they can't get the workers, Duh!
I really wanted to blow the cobwebs off today but the weather was cloudy and grim so here's a few odds and sods.
First up, a first for me in the form of a Buzzard portrait, not 100% happy with it (the shadow on the bottom left of the bird under the wing) but a starter for ten......

Taken yesterday on the way down to girlfriends parents home it was perched on all things a gantry advertising people to drive safely above a dual carriageway, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend I pulled off, swapped seats and get her to drive round the roundabout above the carriageway, unsurprisingly I only got 3 frames, this one, one of it "venting"  and a back shot of it flying away, the other half just looked at me, shook her head and drove my car the remaining journey, trust me her driving my car is suitable punishment....
Some from the garden now, I've been busy doing selective pruning to improve the images.
GREENFINCH 

BLUE TIT 
 And finally the star of my garden,  the Goldfinch. The numbers keep increasing with 35 counted in the garden today.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, the goldies are providing great entertainment in my garden.

      Delete
  2. Douglas, that shadow is caused by the sun. There are places in the world where they have to get used to shadows.
    Nothing wrong with selective pruning. I wish I'd thought of it years ago.
    Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just being my usual fussy self Adrian I was also hoping the Buzzard was facing me too. After what I said about my girlfriend I think I'll be experiencing some selective pruning

      Delete
  3. Very nice post Christmas montage Doug, its always good to look back at pleasing results ...... keep it going in 2015 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers John not really used to not venturing out at Xmas time with the camera

      Delete
  4. I really like the buzzard picture and wouldn't even notice the shadow because the picture makes you look straight at it's eye. I hope you have a brilliant 2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Findlay have a great 2015 too

      Delete
    2. Thank you Findlay have a great 2015 too

      Delete
  5. Super garden bird images there, Doug. The Goldfinch is a real cracker! I too have been spending time enjoying the garden birds over the past few days, but not with as good results as yourself. Was even tied up on the phone when a Redpoll ivisited!

    Wishing you all the best for 2015 - - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard the garden birds are getting so hectic I need a bigger garden I'm racking up more individuals then ever before, have a brilliant 2015

      Delete
  6. HI Douglas Missed this post so am catching up. You will have to behave if you want to keep that girlfriend!! Great shot of the Goldfinch adn that is a great number in the garden now. I have never had that number. A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU.

    ReplyDelete