Thursday, 22 January 2015

A DYSLEXIC MAN WALKS INTO A BRA.....

Was the "joke" told to me before my physio yanked my arm and a loud click from my elbow. The physio is really taking it's toll, it truly isn't a case of being fondled but more a case of being beaten up by a woman.
Again birding has been mostly sorting garden out with more "decorative" perches and general tidy up ready for the RSPB GARDENWATCH. I even polished up the lenses and backed up 400 odd images, oh what joy!
A close up of a Greenfinch
My local park (EASTFIELD PARK) is going to be "run" by a local church group, which could be bad but I'm popping along to a meeting with some other Park users to see "what's what" they've in the past built an old people's home and flats. To be fair the flats were on the site of a defunct school, the old people's home wasn't and we lost a sizeable chunk of wooded area.
Over the park a lone female Goosander has vanished, probably not enough fish in the lake these days. There's a Teal and plenty of Shovellers which brings a smile to my face you really can't get more "urban" then my estate.
A Shoveller taking off....
I'm not allowed to use my sling anymore and have been told to exercise my arm in moderation, "moderation" trying to catch a sharp flight shot of bird with 1/250th second shutter speed.....maybe my definition of moderation is different to that of my physio?
But the Buzzard on the park is really testing my arm.
A urban Buzzard how cool is that?
I flushed it the other day as I walked through the wooded section with the greyhounds, shocked me and the hounds. It gets mobbed by everything, the gulls go mob handed, the crows just dive bomb it individually but the best are the Jays and Magpies they pair up and attack it, never seen Magpies and Jays work together. I've seen the bird three consecutive days now and flies off towards Lings Wood which is where our local wildlife trust is based.
The other bird of note has been a male Tawny calling regularly now and I even managed a walk around with six like minded people and got great views of it perched on a satellite dish, can't find it in the woods during the day though....I like urban birding.

9 comments:

  1. Please do not over do what you do with the arm yet! Love the Shoveller image and I also have never seem Magpies working with Jays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm trying to run before I can walk but it kills me being stuck indoors. The magpies and Jays were fascinating I too never seen it, really clever it was

      Delete
  2. It's good to hear you are on the mend.
    An urban buzzard is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian the Buzzard was a stunning new edition to the park list. Really shocked me.

      Delete
  3. It sounds as if you're on the mend, Doug. Great to see these super images from you. That Shoveler image is a classic!

    Have got my PC back now, but I'm still not able to process any of my photos. Hoping to get it sorted by the end of the week! Looks like I'll be getting a new PC!

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Richard, I hope once the new pc arrives you're able to work on some images

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Superb Shoveler, taking off, magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bob, they're a curious looking bird.

      Delete