Wednesday, 7 January 2015

FUCKING CUNT...

I would normally at this point say sorry for the blog title but seeing as these could have been my last words I shall not apologise, let me explain.
I had finished work and was cycling home, still in work clothes which for the record is a green fleece with reflective collar and cuffs and a hi-vis vest. Also for the record I had three Xenon lights attached to the front of my bike and three reds on the back of the bike. A small one the size of a fifty pence piece on the bike helmet, one attached to my (dark) work bag and one attached below my saddle. Furthermore I also have two flashing yellow lights attached to my right and left arm for indicating purposes, so basically I was lit up like a FUCKING Christmas tree.
So why is it that some old git driving an S type Jag saw it fit to pull out on me at the last moment sending me sprawling over his bonnet and onto the road? The git was even looking at me, as I realised what was going to happen I've slammed on my brakes, even for what it was worth rang my bell (as if it's going to be heard) and said "you FUCKING CUNT" How apt for me,  these could be my last words. As we sat and waited for the ambulance to turn up unknown to me three cars back was a police car which was lucky as this old git was trying to blame me, "he's got no lights". "you just smashed them you twat", "you were riding to fast"..injuries or not I got up and was going for the wanker at which point the police officer reminded the driver he was under caution and he had seen me cycle past him at the previous junction, the old man went silent. I was in agony but for our beloved politicians who seem hell bent on verbally destroying our NHS, the ambulance was prompt, the nurses were brilliant and caring despite their heavy workload my only criticism would be the Xray department who despite a camera that could be positioned in hundreds of different ways insisted on man handling me to get to optimal position, boy did yell in agony.
My injuries a broken Radial bone and two fractures on the forearm, luckily no head injuries. I had been brought a helmet by my girlfriend at Xmas who in turn and had put her foot down and insisted I wear one, glad she insisted as material damage wise, bike: front forks bent, handle bar stem cracked, front wheel buckled, pedal crank and front gear derailleur twisted and broke. Bike helmet cracked and me concussion too. Funny because in my blog post where I muse about the good, bad and ugly of riding, old people in my opinion were the worst and not your oversized exhaust boy racers, how right was I. The driver has been charged with driving without due care and attention it got me really angry how he instantly tried to blame me, so I shall be claiming for a new bike on his insurance. I'm out of action for 4 to 6 weeks so blog posts will be thin on the ground.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY ARSE! Given injuries I was surprised I was put of Northampton General in just under two hours, good old nurses.

21 comments:

  1. Douglas, I'm sorry to hear this..but in a perverse sort of way I suppose you should thank yourself lucky...it could have been a lot, lot worse! Hopefully him being an old git (we're not all bad!!!) he'll be well insured (probably not so for a boy racer) and you should be able to claim for lost earnings, and a new bike etc.

    Keep your spirits up Douglas and I hope you're soon on the mend and make a quick recovery.

    After she who knows best had finished telling you off I hope you gave a big thank you for putting her foot down and making you wear that helmet?

    It's good to know that the NHS are not as bad as the press would make out!

    Get well soon, all the best,
    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Trevor, to be fair when I talked about old drivers it was particular type of older driver:hesitant, dithery and drives a vehicle unsuitable to their needs/skill. This type of driver to be fair can be found in all ages & gender. The hospital staff were brilliant. Couldn't fault them

      Delete
  2. Good luck mate. It is a right bummer and he ought to be banned and charged with GBH. I bet the Bussies do sod all. The daft old lying sodomite is most likely on the Bench.
    Here's to a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. An optional extra was the big pouncing cat. Did this car have one fitted and where is it? Jaguar S Types are Sierras for plonkers.

      Delete
    2. It did have the "chav cat" on the bonnet luckily I was nearer to the windscreen. I think they should eye test the old boy, because if I wasn't hit the car behind me would've been close to go into him too, thanks for making me smile

      Delete
  3. Hi Douglas, I am really sorry to read this latest addition to your blog, what a cruel and totally avoidable incident.

    My hopes are that you make as quick a recovery as possible to regale us with your posts in the future, you are a joy to follow.

    But, thank goodness for you that the police witnessed the incident, any legal action that may follow on should be in your favour !.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John for the kind words, got lucky for a change yesterday not sure how I'm going to get by with no birding, it's my left arm so no changing if gears in my car and definitely no holding of big of'lens, I can see myself going crazy with no wildlife :-)

      Delete
  4. That helmet probably saved your life.
    Hope you make a full and speedy recovery, and claim to the hilt off the silly old sod.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Keith the helmet definitely saved my from more serious injuries best Xmas present ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Douglas At least you have a sensible girlfriend that I hope you have thanked properly now as that helmet probably saved you life. There will ALWAYS be people driving with undue care and attention unfortunately, that is why I do NOT ride a bike on the roads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why my girlfriend is known as the better half Margaret, I am glad that not only did she buy me the helmet but persuaded me to wear it, scares me wondering "what if" had I chose not to wear it.

      Delete
  7. Sorry not to have been on Blogger for a while, Doug. Very sad to hear about the accident. I'm so pleased to hear that your girlfriend insisted on you wearing the helmet! Somehow, you can sort of understand an old git driving badly (we see it all the time) and causing an accident, although it sounds as if he ought to be taken off the road. What's totally unforgiveable is him trying to pass the blame onto you. His car, and his nuts, ought to be taken to the crusher!

    I'm not sure how far you are from me, geographically, but give a shout if you get desperate and need driving to a birding spot.

    Wishing you a speedy recovery - - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard the women folk are always right. I'm glad she was this time though. 4-6 weeks off so that will drag, massive thank you for the offer of the lift though, fancy Crested Tits in the Cairngorm lol. To be honest can't even operate my 300mm on a monopod (tried today) so birding is on hold, but once again thank you

      Delete
  8. Down this way, if its not the old farts bad driving it's the bloody pot holes that would fetch you off your bike. Hope you and your bike get fixed soon. Thank God for the N H S and your helmet.

    peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily our MP made his name for pushing for more money for pothole repairs and the council ripped the streets up and resurfaced the whole Street rather then patchwork repairs so no longer have that problem, but the local hospital was brilliant, thank you

      Delete
  9. Fucking arsehole, better to be c**t, I don't use c**t. It is naughty word, lol. Anyway, I can see you are looking at least a prison sentence for that person who obviously did it. I hope you get better soon Douglas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not prison sentence nor compensation. I get full pay so no need, just want my bike repaired. I get a visit from "victim " support tomorrow and they'll tell me what he's being charged with.

      Delete
  10. Hope you make a full recovery,we can't loose a person with your talents.
    Remember to keep your Helmet.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to worry I'm already planning where I shall be birding as soon as my arm heals sadly I need a new helmet, thank you

      Delete
  11. Sorry to hear about your accident Doug :( I hope you make a swift recovery and you get yourself a new bike and helmet too! Some people really are idiots if they think they can get away with that! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou it did amaze me how he tried but all he did was highlight how bad his eyes were as he obviously didn't see the police car a short distance behind me.

      Delete