Wednesday, 18 February 2015

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!

Well some good news a good friend has lent me his 1d mark2, "it hasn't got a strap or eye cup" he said, "not a problem that's the only thing left working on mine" so after my physio I got my girlfriend to drive me down to Orpington to pick it up.
I went up to Moulton Quarry to give the camera a whirr but apart from four Snipe there wasn't anything around, thanks to two lads on motocross bikes scaring everything.
Now get this, on the way home (walking) this Fiat 500 on the other side of the road pulled "you couldn't check to see if I  got a puncture" said this lady (Sue) I did, she did. So being the gallant type I offered to change it for her. All was going OK until the last bolt got tighten, I stood on the spanner as you do to make sure it's tight enough when a really audible "pop" came from my leg, I've only gone and torn my calf muscle.....soooo I crossed the road and bad luck struck, seriously what the fuck have I done! I had to giggle as my local shopkeeper saw me hobbling in with crutches "what have you done now" I told him "I would tell you to buy a lotto ticket but you're probably get mugged" he laughed, to be fair so did I. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

10 comments:

  1. Douglas..wtf?
    I think that now's the time that you should take to your bed, pull the duvet up over your head and HIBERNATE for the next six months.
    Or maybe you should buy a tenners worth of lottery tickets NOW!..... surely your luck can only get better?....[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm worried if I did your suggestion I'd either suffocate or fall out of the bed and break something lol.
      Just can't believe what's happening was fine so can't understand why I tore the muscle.

      Delete
  2. This is definitely not good news.

    Please try and look after yourself for the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm running out of body parts to break/damage so should be OK.

      Delete
  3. I am laughing at Trevor's comment and your answer. This is like a Seriel, what can you damage next?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how unlucky are you being of late? I'm not sure borrowing that 1d mark 2 is a good idea either, I can just imagine your next post being about how the strap broke and it fell to the floor and smashed into a thousand pieces, stay in bed buddy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did mention it to my mate who just shrugged his shoulders and reckons it'd be OK...soon see lol

      Delete
  5. Unbelievable, Doug!! If it's any consolation, they say that bad luck always comes in threes - and that makes three (unless I've missed one somewhere). Maybe your luck will change when someone offers to pay you for the film rights to your story.

    Please do take good care of yourself - - - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  6. HBO have been on the phone as well as Rupert Murdoch so expect a triology followed by a prequel :-)

    ReplyDelete