Saturday, 4 April 2015

A NEW LITTLE OWL FOR ME

It's been a bit stressful for me of late. I'm yet to tell you all about my complaint to IPSO (press complaint body) and a recent headline in The Sun. Can't/won't say to much as yet what I'll say is if you're not happy with something in the papers, complain. These guys and I was sceptical are pretty good. Straight away you get acknowledgement of your complaint, who's handling your complaint and relevant email/phone number and reference number. A few days later after the complaint was lodged I got another email informing how it was progressing, possible action etc. I was quite impressed. It rumbles on but the complaint is being upheld.
Then my Golf Gti munched it's engine, which was annoying since it had only just been serviced. They'd mistaken my Golf with another version of the Gti. My one has 200+bhp (a special edition) they thought it was the one with less bhp. Still they gave me a courtesy vehicle until a new engine unit was approved and delivered. This in itself caused a problem due to it being a limited/special edition and is on its way from Wolfsburg in Germany (due this week). The gave me this piece of crap to drive
It's called a Dacia Duster or as a mate pointed out a 'fake' Nissan Qashqai or whatever, clunky gear box which didn't help my still recovering arm, a ride that resembled driving on concrete shock absorbers and appalling fuel consumption. Apparently it has 4wd so was somewhat confused it got stuck on a playing field (dog show) in the background whilst my mum drove past in her Ford Focus on the same field, embarrassing.  So after a lot of screaming and shouting I got a Seat Almera. Not brilliant (I was trying for the Audi R8) but not bad.
So today I strapped bertha in and went for mooch down some lanes
Paul if you're reading this, have you noticed how the 500mm sits comfortably and securely on the front seat using the tripod arm.
So down one familiar lane I found a new Little Owl. I haven't seen one here for about two years now but still have a careful look every time I drive past. I only managed one image from behind the wheel before it flew off into a ivy covered ash tree. Once it did that I left it for another day rather then disturb it or scare it off completely. Not perfect but they all count.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Douglas Well at least I gave you a laugh today and great that you have seen a Little Owl. great shots of it. HAPPY EASTER to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did indeed Margaret of Arabia. Thank you, have a great Easter too.

      Delete
  2. Very nice LO image Douglas, don't let the car situation stop you from getting out and posting !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers John, it hopefully won't arm getting stronger etc, I'd say another week I'll be able to use the bike again too

      Delete
  3. Well done on the Little Owl sighting/image, very nice indeed. Great idea with the seat belt for securing the lend/camera combo, could save me £1,000's.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I wouldn't say £1000's though I do place a bean bag under it too :-)

      Delete
  4. You are having a tottering time but the Little Owl must be some recompense. It's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon I'd be bored if my life was so simple Adrian. Just wait until you hear the full story about The Sun lol

      Delete