Thursday, 23 April 2015

GRASSHOPPER WARBLER...ODDS 'N' SODS

These are the images from my previous visit and didn't make it into the original post.
 I really did enjoy watching this master of skulking.
The above image I was trying to demonstrate how the bird just walks along the lower base of the vegetation and pretty quick at moving but so silently.


I wish I nailed the flight shots that were on offer maybe if it's still there on my next visit and it still showing as well this is what I'll concentrate on.
Mind you the above image I could stare for ages at at full magnification on the computer monitor I love staring at the lower part of the bill in full song and how much it's extended, reminds me of a Bunting.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you find it again but be quick the leaves are providing more cover by the day.
    It is a wonderful bird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so much harder to get a clean shot there's the very real threat of it moving on too, they don't normally hang around in Northamptonshire.

      Delete
  2. HI Douglas These are all fantastic images. It must have been wonderful to hear this bird sing, t is a pity you did not take a clip of video to let us hear it also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I was so excited at seeing the bird my common sense deserted me. I'm genuinely kicking myself at not getting the phone video camera out it was close enough too. A possible idea for next time round.

      Delete
  3. Now you are just rubbing it in ! ..... I'm very envious Doug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John you got Cettis which despite having roughly 6 birds on this site have eluded me lol. Yet to find the Wood Warbler too which I really, really, really want.

      Delete
  4. Yep! Just as envious as I was the last time. Well done, Doug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Every Doug has it's day" normal service will return soon

      Delete
  5. Just caught up with these 2 posts of the Grasshopper Warbler.
    Absolutely brilliant shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Keith it was unusually showy for Grasshopper Warbler

      Delete