Friday, 29 May 2015

GUTTED

Not happy today. After my visit on Wednesday to Quarry Walk I realised I messed up big time. When changing over memory cards I'd place my small bag containing the cards on the ground and forgot to pick them up, worse still as I had work related things to do on Thursday I hadn't realised until late afternoon. Off I sped to the location and realised they'd been picked up by someone. As I only photograph in a couple of locations I knew where they should've been. Not many people venture to where I was, in fact the whole time I've been there I've only seen TWO OTHER BIRDERS AND NO DOG WALKERS etc. So I tweeted hoping to nudge people's consciousness but alas no response. Now I'm not too bothered about the cards I've got loads but to loose them is a pain. Sadly the images are still on the cards, they hadn't been formatted after being backed up to my external hard drive and online backup. So I haven't lost the images, however I know one card has air of Short eared Owls from about three years back which might've proved to tempting for some toggers.....perhaps. Like I've said the images have all been posted both on my website and blog (like my header image) and have the RAW images in storage so now I'm just waiting for to see if the images appear anywhere online or for sale, IF and I'm hoping it's a BIG if this happens mark my words two thing WILL happen, I will legally prosecute for copyright theft and secondly persecute. I'm not happy as I've said sat at this spot near the reeds in the long grass all these years I've only ever seen two people both birders here and NEVER Joe Public and dogs etc....NOT HAPPY.

6 comments:

  1. There are some thieving swine about. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a bloody good idea who has them Adrian and shall confront the person, especially since this individual at some point on Thursday stopped following me on Twitter which seems at the moment a huge coincidence. It's a shame as most birders are straight up honest people I've seen people loose very expensive optics and the items turn up......gutted.

      Delete
  2. Douglas, I hope whoever has 'found' them has a pang of concience and returns them sharpish. I'm sure that any of your local birders would recognise that it's your work on them and endeavor to do the right thing?
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd like to think and I have high hopes in the local birders around here after all I've seen them return very expensive optics, bags etc so they're an honest bunch. I've had a chat to the owner of Grendon Lakes as we've known each other in previous 'roles' and both the farmer (John) and the one other in case they found it. It really is too remote of an area for anyone else to stumble across. I know one of birder who isn't on social media etc and doesn't have my contact details and he's often there and is truly an honest bloke so he may have found them and kept them until we bump into each other (fingers crossed). But I am going through tons of Flickr/Blogs/Social Media just in case they pop up online.....I'll find them.

      Delete
  3. Bad news Doug. I can imagine your anger if someone has stolen them, especially if they are intending to pass them off as their own.
    Hope they turn up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the bag turned up courtesy of a good birder. But no cards

      Delete