Tuesday, 22 December 2015

SUMMER LEYS STARLING MURMARATION

I've got some photos that I'm yet to work through and as you can see the light was fading. So that and the 500mm lens (I needed a smaller lens) means they're not brilliant. I shot the following video just using my camera phone and boy what a sight. Not often I'm left gobsmacked but I was, the video doesn't do it justice added bonus was the now wintering Marsh Harrier that showed up four times during my visit to the reserve but even that seemed 'old hat' compared to the Starlings.
Basically I walked out of the carpark and turned right and stood at the gate about 10 yards down the road and stood with the horses and looked over towards Grendon Lakes

6 comments:

  1. They really are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of nature great free shows. Great stuff Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a fantastic sight to see Douglas....nature always puts on a good show.
    It's just a pity that most people don't appreciate it more...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian, Keith and Trevor it really is an awesome show well worth getting cold and blown away by the wind for.

      Delete
  4. Fabulous!!

    Have a great Christmas, Doug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, you have a great Xmas too mate

      Delete