Monday, 7 March 2016

SISKIN & BEST OF THE REST

The two Siskin's were at the feeders again on Sunday but all didn't go to plan.
The light in the morning was fantastic, sadly this due to garden layout means poking my lens directly into the sun, as you'll see.
Mid-afternoon was lunch around mum's, when's "SON's DAY"? By time I got to the  shed/hide it was grey skies. But I got to watch the pair especially the female, I was impressed by boldness and dominance of the female at the feeders.
The local birds beak's being put out of place.
Into the sun.
 Really didn't like any other bird on the feeders
No wonder one Siskin was hiding, enjoying the break from the nagging
A Blue Tit

A Great Tit with a case of wind.
More traditional pose
Blackbird
Both Siskins were on the feeders this morning and evening hopefully they'll be there Tuesday too.

12 comments:

  1. Fill ya boots with the Siskins mate, for sure they will soon be off. Nice images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they've gone Paul. Didn't see them this morning before work and they're not on the feeders this evening neither :-(

      Delete
  2. They are cracking little birds. I hope they pass this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get them around your way quite soon they do breed up your way

      Delete
  3. I always love seeing the small birds and although I rarely see Siskins in my garden, I did see them yesterday when I took my bird class to the WOW RSPB centre in Belfast. Your shots are all lovely Douglas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. They are a gorgeous little bird, quite bold too.

      Delete
  4. Nice action shots, Doug! Don't give up on the Siskins yet. I had two females in my garden when I opened the curtains this morning! Grab 'em while you can, however!

    Best wishes - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Richard, I'm thinking mine have moved on as there was no sign of them this morning fingers crossed for this afternoon though

      Delete
  5. Nice set of birds - I miss these garden birds - bird tables (even in winter) seem less populated here than in the UK.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    PS: feel free to link this post to Wild Bird Wednesday on my photo-blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stewart. Shame there is not as many birds on your bird tables in Australia, it's one country I would've thought did good for wildlife etc

      Delete
  6. All these photographs are really cool and inspiring too, Being a professional photographer in Leeds I would like to say you always come-up with the fantastic work. Keep up the good work to increase the value of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Craig for the very kind words, it's much appreciated

      Delete